NETC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This is a part-time call on call position, which means that you may work fifteen (15) hours per week or sixty (60) hours per week. Many factors play into the number of hours available, with the weather being the major factor. If you need a set amount of hours or can only work between certain hours then you may want to reconsider the application process.
Applicants that are able to work Monday through Friday between 6am-6pm will be considered first.
All information on application must be completed for processing of application.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have a valid driver’s license, a vehicle, and a phone (cell or landline).
- Traveling is required.
- Must be tolerable to all inclement weather (hot/cold/wet/dry).
- Must be able to use a wide range of arm and hand motions, and stand for extended periods of time. In addition, must have correctable vision and hearing.
- Must be able to comprehend road maps and follow directions to work sites.
Duties to include directing and controlling traffic in order to provide a safe environment for the traveling public and the working crew.
- Providing a safe environment for customers, co-workers, traveling public, and own self by directing and controlling traffic.
- Communicating by two-way radio, hand signals and telephone.
- Communicating with office team members and customers as to whether or not traffic control services are required for the next day.
- Completing all required paperwork thoroughly and properly.
- Acting professional and courteous to customers, coworkers, and traveling public.
- Maintaining issued equipment in a clean and proper working order, as well as, communicating with office team members when new/additional/or replacement
equipment is needed.
- Setting up and breaking down all signs on all job locations.
- Traveling to and from job sites.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have valid driver’s license, telephone, and vehicle
- Must be able to lift 16 lbs. frequently
- Must have correctable ear and vision
- Must be able to read road maps or follow directions to job locations
- Must be tolerable to all types of weather conditions
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to communicate with team members, customers, and the traveling public
- Calling into the office daily (before 6:00pm) to receive job assignments for the next day, as well as, calling into the office immediately after completing an assignment.
- Reporting to work punctually and fully equipped.
- Setting up and breaking down all required signs, as well as, providing quality traffic control services to all customers.
- Submitting all correctly completed paperwork to the office every week before noon on Tuesdays.
- Maintaining all equipment or communicating with the office the need for replacement equipment.
- Projecting a clean, neat, and professional image and appearance.
Supervisor and/or Vice-President
*** This job description is not designed to be all-inclusive. There may be occasions where additional duties may be required.